Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Staff moving locations, changing phone display names

Hi- I will start by saying total newbie to Cisco Unity Connection. With the little training we have I have gotten by with changing user names on phone displays and resetting VM passwords.

In short- roughly 30 changes needed to phones. This is new users and current users who are changing classrooms - so changing phones. 

I know how to get into CUCM admin and change the phones diplays and line appearance. The problem I am running into... set up was done where all users have the orginal phone extension assigned to them. 
Do I delete these users in Unity Connection and then do an import after I have made all the changes in CUCM?

Ex. extension 203170 is now assigned to someone else- however that previous  user, Jane Doe now needs to be assigned extenstion 203253. She has an id  of the 203170. Can I just delete he from Unity connection- change her in CUCM with the new digits and associate the new phone and re import her?

Thank you in advance for any responses and assistance!

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You should change the user

You should change the user associated to the phone yes. If you just need to change their extension in Unity Connection you can go to the user and change Extension field to new extension and click save.

1 REPLY

You should change the user

You should change the user associated to the phone yes. If you just need to change their extension in Unity Connection you can go to the user and change Extension field to new extension and click save.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content