Views
Helpful
Replies

starting with ip telephony

Alvaro Rugama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I´m a noob with the ip telephony world, I´m wondering if someone could guide me with some recomendations.

I usually work with security.

I´m trying to design an ip telephony network where I work for.

Today we are using an old PBX, that we are renting. we had 154 analog lines, 33 digital lines and 3 faxes with independent lines.

The switches that we us are 5 smb cisco switches (SG300) without PoE capabilities. and our Gateway is an ASA 5520 (firmware 8.2). According to this devices documentation they support VoIP.

What are the best equipments that fits our needs? We want to replace all the 187 phones that we already had (AVAYAs) but not all at the same time because of the financial balances. Is there a solution that can help us maintain those phones for a limited of time as we gradually replace them?

Hope you can help me with this.

I'm preparing myself for the CCNA Voice exam, but haven´t read so much yet.

Best Regards

Alvaro Rugama

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would recommend BE6K solution (single server for all apps), and reaching out to local Cisco Gold partner for FREE pre-sales design and quote.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would recommend BE6K solution (single server for all apps), and reaching out to local Cisco Gold partner for FREE pre-sales design and quote.

HTH,

Chris

I found some information on this product, it looks amazing.

I will contact my distribuitor for the licensing info.

Thank you Chris.

Best Regards

Alvaro Rugama

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: