Views
Helpful
Replies

Steps to upgrade firmware for 7921G

ALI SHABBIR
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I've been trying to upgrade the firmware on a test 7921g handset. I'm new to the wireless phones and would like to be pointed in the right direction.

Firmware update search takes me to many links but they are similar to what I'm looking for but not the exact thing I'm after. i'm assuming I'll have to download an .exe file, run it with the base of the phone attached via USB to the pc and then configure the handset.

running Cisco Unified CM Administration, System version: 6.1.2.1136-1

Please advise what more info is needed to be posted here. Any help will be much appreciated

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The best info you will get is in the release notes for the firmware you choose to upgrade to.  When you go to CCO and then Downloads, you eventually find your way to the 79XX series phones.  Once you have a target release and choose it, you have the option to download the release notes and they cover loading the firmware on the CUCM as well as how to load it on the actual phones.  They are very detailed in nature.  You can't really go wrong that way.  Take a look here (may require CCO login):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7925g/firmware/1_3_4/english/release/notes/792x_134SR1.html

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks a lot David. Hopefully it won't be information overkill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: