Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stopping Phones Firmware Update during Cluster Upgrade

Hi @ all,

is there a possibility to stop automatic firmware updates for phones during an update on the cucm cluster. We have a big amount of phones and it would take a lot of ours, if the phones automatically update their firmware. Thanks for any ideas. regards christian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

The best way that I have found is to stop the upgrade of phones when you upgrade callmanager software is to specify the firm load at the phone level.

Before the uprade record what version firmware your phones are on. You can do this by going to device -> device settings -> phone load name. Go to BAT and add this firmware to the field phone load name. Then run BAT

This will allow you to upgrade firmware on your own schedule. Hope this helps

Jason

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

The best way that I have found is to stop the upgrade of phones when you upgrade callmanager software is to specify the firm load at the phone level.

Before the uprade record what version firmware your phones are on. You can do this by going to device -> device settings -> phone load name. Go to BAT and add this firmware to the field phone load name. Then run BAT

This will allow you to upgrade firmware on your own schedule. Hope this helps

Jason

Yeah I think that is the only way. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: