Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange Database issue in cluster

MuhammadSaad_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have CUCM 8.6 installed in cluster environment ( one PUB and one SUB). The issue is if we change any phone extension number or name or anything on Cucm PUB and assign PUB IP as tftp to IP Phone it work properly but when i assign SUB IP as a tftp it will not take new configuration work on old extension or name.

I contact cisco License team and upload new node license and restart all the services but nothing happen.

Secondly if i delete the ip phone from cucm cluster and delete the extension also from cluster. IP Phone register and work with old profile.

NO srst, no trace on cucm about IP Phone.

Kindly help in this to sort out the issue asap.

Thank you

7 Replies 7

MuhammadSaad_2
Level 1
Level 1

Kindly any one help me in this issue, it so strange and i need urgent help from any one..

Muhammed,

The first step in troubleshooting database issue is to check the status of replication.

You can use :

Cisco Unified Reporting - Database Status Report

Choose "Cisco Unified Reporting" from the Navigation dropdown in the upper right corner of

the CCMAdministration page. Then choose "Database Status Report", and generate a new

report.

Or use RTMT,

In RTMT, Choose CallManager->Service->Database Summary

Please let me know what state your database replication is. The values that you will see will be either 2, 3, or 4 on each server. If replication is good, then you should see 2. with two servers you will see a total value of 4 on RTMT

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Muhammad,

From the cli of the pub, can you run the following command

utils dbreplication runtimestate and attach it to the notes.

Regards

Niket

HI

i did 3 times up till now subscriber installation and on PUB CM group in default profile it showed me both PUB and SUB IP's but on SUB CM group default profile it showed only PUB IP.

Also i did the utils dbreplication runtimestate and get the below response....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

admin:utils dbreplication runtimestate

DB and Replication Services: ALL RUNNING

Cluster Replication State: BROADCAST SYNC Completed on 2 servers at: 2012-07-11-17-15

Last Sync Result: SYNC COMPLETED  0 tables sync'ed out of 541

Sync Errors: 1 Errors or failures were found

Use this command to see the output - file view activelog /cm/trace/dbl/2012_07_11_17_15_38_dbl_repl_cdr_Broadcast.log

DB Version: ccm8_6_1_20000_1

Number of replicated tables: 541

Cluster Detailed View from PUB (2 Servers):

PING            REPLICATION     REPL.   DBver&  REPL.   REPLICATION SETUP

SERVER-NAME     IP ADDRESS      (msec)  RPC?    STATUS          QUEUE   TABLES  LOOP?   (RTMT) & details

-----------     ------------    ------  ----    -----------     -----   ------- -----   -----------------

PUB         192.168.10.50    0.039   Yes     Connected       0       match   Yes     (2) PUB Setup Completed

SUB         192.168.20.51    10.0    Yes     Off-Line        N/A     match   N/A     (4) Setup Completed

admin:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

thank u

Definitely a broken replication.

check this out

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672#comment-8099

Hope this helps

Regards

Niket

Kindly rate useful posts..

Hi nikshah

Thank for the reply...... its really help  full.

I have one more question that

I want to design CUCM 8.6 in Active/Active scenario. Like i have two sites A(PUB) and B(SUB). Site A IP Phones should register with PUB( Site A tftp)  and Site B  IP Phones should register with SUB( SIte B tftp).

And also bothe should be redundant to each other.

Thank You

I have one more question that

I want to design CUCM 8.6 in Active/Active scenario. Like i have two sites A(PUB) and B(SUB). Site A IP Phones should register with PUB( Site A tftp)  and Site B  IP Phones should register with SUB( SIte B tftp).

And also bothe should be redundant to each other.

Thank You

Muhammad,

You can use cucm group and device pool to achieve this..

Create 2 cucm groups,  e.g cucm_group_A (pub, sub) and cucm_group_b(sub,pub)

So in group a cucm group you will have the publisher as the primary server and the subscriber as the secondary and in group b you will hve it the ohter way round.

You then create two device pools eg dpA and dpB. You then assign the cucm groups to the device pool

finally you assign phones in site a to dpA and phones in site b to dpB

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: