Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Strip 9 in CUCM 8.5

Hi,

My ip phones have 10 digit DID.  Within the building, users can dial the last 4 digits, I translate it to 10.  Between different locations, they need to dial 10 digit.

Because we have many locations and many of them don't have Cisco voip phones, users often dial 9+ 10 digit or 91 + 10 digit to reach phones in the same cluster.

The dialed number is matched with route-patterns : 9.[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx or 91.[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx and the call is sent to the associated SIP gateway going out to the SIP provider and coming back in.  I am looking for a way to correct this issue.

I add a translation pattern from 9.[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx to discard predot.  I thought after removing a 9, CUCM would match that dialed number with an internal DID and would send the invite directly to the phone, but I still see CUCM send that call with prefix 9 to the SIP gateway.

Should I do this at the route-pattern? I really appreciate for any information how to correct this issue.

Thanks

PH

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Strip 9 in CUCM 8.5

I'd check the routing here, it should work as you want, assuming routing and transformations are correct.

You can also set the called party mask to 10 Xs to force and discard the 9

Check the CSS from TP and any overlapping you might have.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Strip 9 in CUCM 8.5

You need to make sure the CSS on the TP has access to the 10 digit extension you expect to be routed to.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies