Views
Helpful
Replies

Stripping the 0 on the calling party number for outbound calls

Eugene Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

Im trying to strip the 0 on all outbound calls going to the PSTN at one of our remote sites.

Did some research but cant find a document on how to strip the 0, there's a lot of information on manipulating the called number and expanding on the calling number, but I cant find anything on how to strip the 0 from the calling number on outbound calls.

The Telco is using some old exchange equipment which expects all calling numbers to be 9 digits, but we are sending 10. As a result our numbers get masked with the trigger number of the PRI. Ive tried to configure a calling party transformation pattern and strip on the pre-dot, but this had no effect. This is how I configured the transformation pattern, but not sure if it was done correctly though

On the transformation patter I did the following

pattern: 0.12xxxxxxx

Partition: Test_PT (a empty partition I created, and tied it to Calling Search Space "Test_CSS")

Discard digit instruction: PreDot

Everything else I left on the default settings.

On the PRI of the gateway where I want to strip the digits, I went to the Call Routing Information - Outbound calls section, and unchecked the "Use device pool calling party transformation CSS" and from the Calling party transformation CSS drop menu I selected the "Test_CSS" which I created.

A DNA showed that the outbound calls don't even hit the transformation mask, and a debug confirmed that no digit strip is occurring.

If anyone can assist in letting me know where I went wrong with my transformation mask, or any other ideas on how I can get rid of that pesky 0 in the calling party information, it would be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

Adding a tip to what correctly suggested from my friend Deji (+5) you can act on Voice gateway by applying translation rules for calling number.

Eg.

lets assume that your calling number is 05551234

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^0/ /\1/

voice translation-profile StripZero

translate calling 1

Apply translation profile StripZero to your outgoing dial peer

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The first question is are you using 10 digits as your internal extension number? Or this is the mask set on your phones?

Please rate all useful posts

We use 10 digits as internal extension numbers.

Can you do a quick test on one of your phones. Apply the calling party xform css to the phone, uncheck use device pool calling xform css, reset the phone and test.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi.

Adding a tip to what correctly suggested from my friend Deji (+5) you can act on Voice gateway by applying translation rules for calling number.

Eg.

lets assume that your calling number is 05551234

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^0/ /\1/

voice translation-profile StripZero

translate calling 1

Apply translation profile StripZero to your outgoing dial peer

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks Carlo

The branch site is a MGCP site, so going your route was not quite what I wanted to do, however it did resolve the issue to strip the zero from the gateway. I did use a different translation though, rule 1 /^0/ //. After applying the rule the 0 got stripped off on the Gateway.Telco we use also "conveniently" informed us that they are busy with a roll-out of new a new NGN network after I applied the change. One of the limitations is that the first 0 in a calling number wont be recognised. Considering that they will be rolling this out to all our branch sites and that all branch sites use a single route list I opted to remove the config from the gateway and strip the 0 at the route list level by changing the calling party transformation mask to XXXXXXXXX This will affect all branch sites now, which I did not want to do in the beginning and is why I was looking at a Calling party transformation pattern, but after the Telco informed me about their NGN network roll out, digit manipulation on the route list level became an option. Thanks for all the help on here. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: