Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscriber Addtion failed with this error

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys,

trying to add a third subscriber to my 6.1.2 system and for whatever reason i couldnt remember the security password or at least i thought so since it was telling me vaildation failed. so i went ahead and tried to reset the password via the CLI using

set password security (press enter)

enter old password (i pressed enter)

enter new password (entered new password)

confirm new password (enter new password again)

and im getting the following error - This is my primary

Executed command unsuccessfully

/usr/local/bin/base_scripts/InstallWizard: option requires an argument -- p

any immediate assistance would be more than greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nesharm2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am not sure about the error however you can try reseting the password using the link given below.

you need physical access to CUCM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_1_3/cucm-rel_note-613a.html#wp544257

Cisco Unified CM does not support recovery of administration or security passwords. If you lose these passwords, you must reset the passwords, as described in the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide.

Other experts can confirm

HTH

~Neeraj

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nesharm2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am not sure about the error however you can try reseting the password using the link given below.

you need physical access to CUCM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_1_3/cucm-rel_note-613a.html#wp544257

Cisco Unified CM does not support recovery of administration or security passwords. If you lose these passwords, you must reset the passwords, as described in the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide.

Other experts can confirm

HTH

~Neeraj

just tried it on our lab system (vmware) and i got the same error initially. with the command reset password security , i need to still know my old password (i know it is kind of obvious).

the document you sent seems to be what im looking for.

the media it is asking for when i use pwrecovery is the CUCM installation media correct?

even blank cd should work ...as it only checks for physical access to system

Thanks once again for the speedy reply, the drama because of lack of documentation :)

so just for everyone that doesnt have it all up there when reading the procedure like i did.

1. the command "set password security" - does NOT work if you DONT know your initial password

2. get physical access to the system, log in using pwrecovery and password pwreset

3. have a CD in hand (any CD that you have on hand) and follow the on screen instructions.

4. Do this for ALL systems you have in the cluster

Just did it and it works :)

geez,

to think i opened a TAC for this :)

also, if youre thinking you can use putty or something like that and have someone onsite to just put in and remove the CD you would not be able to get through. you need to be there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: