cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Supplementary Services over inter cluster trunks

Hi

Have a question regarding supplementary services such as hold, transfer and park over inter cluster trunks.

When using Inter Cluster Trunks between two clusters is it possible to place a call on hold or transfer between intercluster phones.

Example phone 1 in cluster A is conversing with phone 1 in cluster B. Phone 1 cluster A transfer phone 1 cluster B to phone 2 in Cluster A.

Would this be possible, do you need to setup QSIG over H323 trunks.

Would it be possible to setup and IP to IP gateway between two gateway where each cluster controls the gateway hence it can perform the transfer operation by suspending the RTP connection on the gateway and directing it to the alternate phone.

Example

Phone 1?M Clust A -H323 GW Clust A -H323GW Clust B -CM Clust B ---Phone 1

Trying to understand how you could use these features between clusters.

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: Supplementary Services over inter cluster trunks

Hi Billy,

When using Inter Cluster Trunks between two clusters is it possible to place a call on hold or transfer between intercluster phones

Sure, it will work.

Would this be possible, do you need to setup QSIG over H323 trunks

It should work, no need to do so.

Would it be possible to setup and IP to IP gateway between two gateway where each cluster controls the gateway hence it can perform the transfer operation by suspending the RTP connection on the gateway and directing it to the alternate phone

It should work also.

I assume you post this because is not working right?

Or you have a proyect coming?

Let us know.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmsys/a02cac.htm#wp1044987

Community Member

Re: Supplementary Services over inter cluster trunks

Thanks

I was trying to understand at the detail level how CCM performs the supp services between the trunks. Is it a propriety protocol over the intercluster trunk? I understand how CCM can suspend a gateway it controls in its own cluster and direct voice stream to another phone when transferring.

I could not find reference to documentation on how it would do the transfer between phones in different clusters, without controlling the phones it would need to either send the message between the cluster proprietary as H323 protocol does not provide the supplementary services and my reading indicates CCM does not support H450.

Can you advise the protocol used between the clusters to perform the transfer, hold supplementary services.

Not working on a problem just getting better understanding of the CCM operation.

Regards

Bill

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content