UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

Scenario

US side

UCM6.0 >> h323 gateway mpls/WAN connection to Europe

Europe side

Tashiba PBX >> cisco h323 gateway connection to mpls/WAN connection to US

If both US and Europe h323 gateways have an IOS that support h323 version 2, will we be able to provide supplementary services initiated from either side?

Currently Europe side is running old IOS which is running h323 version 1. Normal calls are ok, but when US initiates a hold or transfer while on wan call with Europe, hold or transfer does not succeed. If Europe initiates hold or transfer, it is successfull and I assume it's their PBX that's providing the ability to hold or transfer.

We have tried using MTP on gateway setting in UCM which works for a bit, but then shortly thereafter all WAN calls fail. It might be an issue with MPT leaks which TAC is engaged to look into.

But what I want to understand, is if Europe upgrades to a recent IOS that supports h323 version 2, will the US side be able to initate hold/transfer without an MTP checked in the UCM gateway section? AS I understand h323 version 2 has native support for supplementary services?

Any guidance or recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

A Media Termination Point (MTP) resource issue could provide the source of the transcoding problem if a call is established, but supplementary services are not available on an H.323 device that does not support H.323v2.

To resolve this issue, uncheck the Media Termination Point Required check box in the Gateway Configuration screen of Cisco CallManager Administration. Once the changes are done, re-start the IPVMS service.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/trouble/5_0_2/tb502ch8.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094636.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: