Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Support for Shared line in SRST 7.1

I have a SRST gateway (mode SRST) running IOS code 15.0(1)M3 which corresponds to SRST 7.1. When the gateway falls into SRST mode, I noticed that when I call the shared line i.e. 2300, only 1 of the 4 phones (which has shared line) rings.

The shared line behaves correctly in normal mode (when phones are registered to CUCM).

in SRST mode, all the phones register to SRST gateway.

I am wondering if Shared lines are supported when using 9971 and 7965  phones (SIP) in SRST 7.1 ?   The SRST roadmap document is ambiguous.

Thank you.

Everyone's tags (1)

Hi, You can refer the link

You can refer the link for shared lines which says Shared line is supported with SIP in E-SRST mode.

Also, there are tables 9,10 and 11 which says what all features are supported ..

Community Member

Aman, i had looked @ those

Aman, i had looked @ those tables. However, its not clear WHICH version of SRST

supports Shared lines on which kinds of phones.

I hope the documentation can be fixed to show this

In your SRST configuration do

In your SRST configuration do you have your "max-dn" command including either dual or octo lines?  If you configure "max-dn XX dual" you should be able to receive 2 calls on the shared line.  If you configure "max-dn XX octo" you should be able to receive 8.  XX = number of DNs allowed to register in SRST.

Community Member

Hi jbouwkamp,  Thank you!I

Hi jbouwkamp,  Thank you!

I dont see an option to add "dual" or octo under voice register global.

i.e. I have max-dn 100,

but no option to do max-dn 100 dual

Does this mean I dont have ESRST ? I have a standard UC license.

Are you sure all phones are

Are you sure all phones are setup as SIP? Shared lines don't work the same if you are sharing a line between sccp and sip phones in SRST mode.  I don't think they work at all between the 2 on version 7.1 SRST.

If both phones are sip, do a "show voice register pool" while in SRST mode. Check to see if the same voice register dn is assigned to the phones. There is a small chance the voice gateway is creating multiple voice register dns for the same extension number.

E-SRST is an application installed on a SRE module to enhance SRST functionality. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

CreatePlease to create content