Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Support Hunt Pilot

I am new to  CM we are running version 8.6, I have built a Hunt group for our internal Helpdesk which rings all support staff from top down.  We have one office that is not yet on the system but we are able to call them via 4 digit dial.  The Lead of the support unit is in this office.  I would like to add them to the Hunt Group but can not work out how.  Like I stated I can call her via 4 digit dial as we have the two systems talking to each other She is on (Avaya) but Since she does not have a profile or phone on the Cisco system I can not add her to the Line Group.  when I build a profile or phone for her CM will not place the call.  Any help would be great.

Thank you

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Support Hunt Pilot

There is no way of doing this as even if you add a dummy DN that is set to call forward all to the Avaya DN Line Groups do not look into call forwarding settings.

Only thing I can think of is to define that destination as forward no answer/busy on the Hunt Pilot and send calls there if there is nobody available to take it on Cisco side.

HTH,

Chris

Support Hunt Pilot

Thank you for your answer one more question if I do what you suggest will the system roll over to the voice mail if that person does not answer?

Thanks

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Support Hunt Pilot

You would need to define it that way on Avaya side once you set the call forward to send it to Avaya. So, if the user on avaya has his own voicemail this will not work for you  as it will end up in his personal voicemail.  If you need it to stay on Cisco side you will not be able to send the call to Avaya phone, Sorry :-)  Perhaps give that user a Cisco phone for this purpose.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies