cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support model for IPT

morrismary
Level 1
Level 1

I work for State government and we have been researching IPT for quite some time. One of my challenges is to outline for Mgmt how our current telephony support model will change when we move from legacy phone systems to IPT. Currently we rely on vendors to do much of the day-to-day work for us and our voice group serves as project managers / coordinators with the telco and other vendors. In the IPT world, if we bring support in-house then I need to represent how that will affect our current Voice and LAN/WAN staff (i.e. require more or less staff, require diff skills, etc.). Has anyone worked up a model like this for their enterprise - something suitable to present to Exec Mgmt? Thanks for your thoughts....Mary

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mary,

Excellent question! Some of the best info that I have seen on the subject is presented in this series. There are some good Executive Summaries as well;

IP Telephony Best Practices: How Cisco IT Migrated to Enterprise-Wide IP Telephony

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ciscoitatwork/unified_comm/enterprise_ip_telephony_migration.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks, Rob. I will spend some time looking through the documents that you provided. I really appreciate your quick reply. I'll let you know if this meets my needs. Thanks again!