Views
Helpful
Replies

SW + IOS Conference Bridge..how IP Phone user can choose

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Group,

I've a CCM-Pub/Sub in one country and PGTN GW on different country. G.729 on WAN and G.711 between IP Phones. Conference bridge configured on CCM and IOS GW.

I want to use CCM software conference bridge when IP Phone takes another IP Phone into conference, but IOS conference bridge when same IP Phone user takes any PSTN party into conference.

Can I achieve this?

Thanks,

inner_silence

3 Replies 3

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi friend,

Please take a time to read about Media Resource Groups and Media Resource Group Lists.

You can read from here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/media.html#wpmkr1046903

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/video.html#wpmkr1046461

Hope this info help you.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Hi Adrian,

I went thorough these docs. My requirement is following:

IP PHone ----CCM---IP Wan----VG---PSTN

Media resources available:

CFB_SW

CFB_HW (On VG)

IP Phone takes another IP Phone into Conference (G.711), CFB_SW should be used, and when same IP Phone takes PSTN caller into same conference CFB_HW (from IOS GW) should be used (G.729).

I understand CCM checks for the available resource in any Media Resource before trying next MRG (or Load balance on two resources within single MRG) but doesn't check the capability of resource. i.e. CCM CFB can only be used for G.711 calls, but if G.729 call is attempted CCM still looks for the same CFB and fail the conference due to in-compatibility.

Hope you got my question else let me know please. Any ideas if this is possible in CCM?

Thanks,

inner_silence

This is not possible. The phone is going to use the resource that is available. There is no way to tell it to use MRGL for call A and MRGL2 for call B... or to switch the order of the resources within the MRG or MRGL.

Also, do keep in mind that ALL conferencing must be G711.