Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Switching PRI carrier

I have a simple question.  I'm runing Cisco UCM 7.0.2 appliance, Cisco 3845 for my voice gateway, MGCP is the protocol.   I have a single PRI connected to my voice gateway router and I'm basically migrating all DN's from the old carrier to a new carrier.  My new provider is handling all the DN and making sure the PRI is configured the same as my existing one that I'm canceling.  They said all I need to do is plug in their PRI to the voice gateway.  Is there anything else I need to do from a configuration stand point?  I'm thing NO but I'd though I post this just to be sure.    

Thank in advance for anyone that responds.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Switching PRI carrier

Hi Pete,

We went through this process at one point and it actually worked as advertised     

Our new provider had taken a considerable amount of time in planning and reviewing

our current DID mapping etc. and the total outage was no more than 1 hour. If they

are using the same protocols, signaling etc. you should be good to go.

It's always good to remember that for a MGCP gateway that no mgcp/mgcp is your best friend.

Just in case (older doc but still quite applicable );

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805a316c.shtml

Cheers!

Rob

Switching PRI carrier

Thanks for the information!

Pete 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content