cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching versions from Unity 7.0 to 7.1

julienf28
Level 1
Level 1

Switching versions fail on the Publisher. This is the error I get in the CLI Operation failed

ERROR: Sync after switch version failed

I'm trying to find some white paper on this error but thing is showing up.

3 Replies 3

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I recently did the same upgrade without any error..

Can u plz restart the services of the CCM publisher & subscriber & try...Otherwise plz issue the command:

utils reset dbreplication all...

isn't that command only if you want to revert back to a newer version? Also, the problem relies on our Unity servers and not Communication Manager. CCM upgraded without a problem.

Thanks in advance,

J

Hi I had this same issue today where I received a "sync after switch failed" error. The problem turned out to be with DNS, make sure you are able to resolve the hostname of the server, not just it's fully-qualified-domain-name (FQDN).

For example if your server is named SERVER1, make sure SERVER1 resolves, and not just SERVER1.domain.com.

With my server, SERVER1.domain.com was resolving, but not SERVER1. Once I added an entry in DNS for SERVER1, I was able to switch versions without issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: