Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System-wide Call Handler

Thanks for the help in advance.

I'm trying to set up a message that will play when any outward--facing number is dialed, saying that our offices are closed.  This message will be used only for a couple of weeks, so I don't want to do any major rerouting.  Here's what I have tried:  In Unity, I have a Call Handler with the extension 3199 set up, as well as a Forwarded Routing Rule to route any dialed number in 6000-6999 to the Call Handler and go straight to the greeting.  The Call Handler is set with an alternate greeting that is enabled and it is set to .  I can call 3199 from my office phone and get the greeting, but I cannot get it to work when calling any number in the 6000s.  We have other Call Handlers and Forwarding Routing Rules configured for numbers in this range, so I don't want to change anything, just override it for a couple of weeks.  The FRR is set to the highest order, so that should not be an issue.

I have looked into CTI Route Points, and that may be the solution, but I have not had much luck here, either.  We have several CTIs that are already configured, but they were created to route calls for a single extension (i.e. calling a department), not dozens of extensions to 3199.  I did create a CTI, but where I'm running into trouble is with associating DNs to it.  If I add a DN that is already associated with a phone (for instance, mine), it gives me an error about shared lines.  I don't want to change any lines, but I do need all the calls in the range 6000-6999 (or even 6500-6999) to be forwarded to 3199.  Is there an easy way to do this?  Is there a way to add dozens of active DNs to the CTI?  Or, am I doing it all wrong?  Thanks again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

System-wide Call Handler

Josh,

Have you tried using Forwarding station for the Forward Routing Rule?

Have you tried setting up the FRR to match the DN of the CTI route point?

Regards,

Dâ√!d

7 REPLIES
Silver

Re: System-wide Call Handler

Hello Josh,

If i understand the call flow is moreless the following:

PSTN-> Main Number-> Forward All -> Call Handler Alternate greeting.

You have set up:

Forward Routing Rule w/condition of 6000-6999 range-> Send call to: Go directly to greetings ->-Call handler w/ extension 3199 which plays Alternate Greeting.

Issue: When calling number is in the 6000s range it does not match the FRR which is the first match on the list.

Probing questions:

1- What condition are you using: Forwarding stationg, Calling Number, Called Number? Have you changed the Field option?

2- If you use a wildcard such as star (*) do you still experience the same issue?

Reading the help page of the FRR:

"Note that you can add multiple Calling, Dialed, Forwarding Number conditions to a single  routing rule to create more complex patterns (for example, all numbers  in the range 2000-3999 plus all numbers greater than 5000). When a call  matches all conditions for the rule, the call is routed as specified in  Send Call To.

Note     : Your integration may not support this option. "

3- To rule the previous fact, have you tested with a rule that matches a single number?

Regards,

Dâ√!d

System-wide Call Handler

David Rojas wrote:

Hello Josh,

If i understand the call flow is moreless the following:

PSTN-> Main Number-> Forward All -> Call Handler Alternate greeting.

You have set up:

Forward Routing Rule w/condition of 6000-6999 range-> Send call to: Go directly to greetings ->-Call handler w/ extension 3199 which plays Alternate Greeting.

Issue: When calling number is in the 6000s range it does not match the FRR which is the first match on the list.

Probing questions:

1- What condition are you using: Forwarding stationg, Calling Number, Called Number? Have you changed the Field option?

2- If you use a wildcard such as star (*) do you still experience the same issue?

Reading the help page of the FRR:

"Note that you can add multiple Calling, Dialed, Forwarding Number conditions to a single  routing rule to create more complex patterns (for example, all numbers  in the range 2000-3999 plus all numbers greater than 5000). When a call  matches all conditions for the rule, the call is routed as specified in  Send Call To.

# Note     : Your integration may not support this option. "

3- The rule the previous fact, have you tested with a rule that matches a single number?

Regards,

Dâ√!d

I do not believe the Call Flow listed is how it is configured.  How would I look at the Call Flow to see exactly which number it is using as the Main Number.  We have a Main Number that we advertise, but I do not know if that is the number that you are referencing. 3199 is just a DN that was created and has no purpose outside of the Call Handler. It is listed as a DN in Call Manager, but there is nothing set to forward to it in Call Manager.

To follow up on your other questions:

I am using Dialed Number.  I have tried using Equals 6*, as well as In 6000-6999, with the same results.  It is set to Send Call To Call Handler, Go Directly to Greetings.  If I change the Forwarding Rule to match one single extension, it still does not forward and goes directly to the number I called; so, if I call 6934, it goes directly to 6934. 

Silver

System-wide Call Handler

Hello Josh,

If you check that Main Number which is advertised, it should probably have or be a translation pattern which has a Called Party Transform Mask which in return is usually a DN with a CTI route point assigned to Forward All, this would be a Main Auto Attendant number.

To find out the main number you would need to do a debug on the Gateway, however leaving aside this fact it looks like the Redirecting ID received by CUC is different from what you are expecting.

To confirm this i would use the Port Status Monitor and verify the output of the Redirecting Id and Last Redirecting ID.

Regards,

Dâ√!d

System-wide Call Handler

The main number I mentioned earlier does not have a translation pattern associated with it.  It is forwarded via CTI, but the DN does not match up with a translation pattern.  The only translation pattern that is configured in Call Manager uses a Call Party Transform Mask of 4001, the main number forwards to 3165 (the Call Handlers all use 31xx).  This is only used as a Receptionist number, though. 

Unfortunately, the Port Status Monitor does not want to accept my connections.  The Enable Remote Port Status Monitor Output checkbox is checked and I entered the correct IP addresses (I tried on two devices), but the remote server is still refusing my connection attempts.  Some luck I'm having. 

System-wide Call Handler

To add to the previous comment about the Transform Mask, it is in the Called Party Transformations only, not the Calling Party.  The Translation Pattern is named 6547, which forwards to 4001; both give a busy tone when dialed on-campus, with 6547 giving a "Feature not available to you" message. 

Silver

System-wide Call Handler

Josh,

Have you tried using Forwarding station for the Forward Routing Rule?

Have you tried setting up the FRR to match the DN of the CTI route point?

Regards,

Dâ√!d

System-wide Call Handler

The Forwarding station did the trick!  Thank you so much! 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content