Views
Helpful
Replies

System-Wide speed dial configuration on Call Manager

rmrahman0302
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure common (default)  speed dials for calling to our different locations so that all the users will use default speed dial numbers. I am wondering if anybody has any idea how to do that, creating kind of local speed directory or any other way?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately it would not.  For that you could build a custom web application and use its URL as corporate directory link.  No easy way to archive that otherwise.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

You can pretty easily accomplish by building a static XML directory list of names/numbers on web server somewhere, add it as a phone service, and program that service on one of the customizable line appearance buttons.   Users would hit the button, then find their desired destination in the presented list (either scrolling or using the number keys to "jump") and hit dial.  Not exactly one button solution, but pretty easy to maintain once you have it going.

The second way, a little harder, but if you really wanted all the users to see the same one-button speeddials on their phones, you could write a bulk update that modifies every phone appropriately.  You would have to repeat the process every time you want to change them.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Build common translation patterns is usually what I do for system speed dials.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Quick question, how I can populate the list so that users can see on their phone?

Thanks

Unfortunately it would not.  For that you could build a custom web application and use its URL as corporate directory link.  No easy way to archive that otherwise.

HTH,

Chris

You can pretty easily accomplish by building a static XML directory list of names/numbers on web server somewhere, add it as a phone service, and program that service on one of the customizable line appearance buttons.   Users would hit the button, then find their desired destination in the presented list (either scrolling or using the number keys to "jump") and hit dial.  Not exactly one button solution, but pretty easy to maintain once you have it going.

The second way, a little harder, but if you really wanted all the users to see the same one-button speeddials on their phones, you could write a bulk update that modifies every phone appropriately.  You would have to repeat the process every time you want to change them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: