Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T.37 Off-ramp. Delivery notification from Fax

With a T.37 off-ramp Gateway configuration, with a G3 fax at the receiving end; Is it possible to get status delivery notification when the fax has been delivered to the faxmachine? (In the documentation I only read about MDN messages when the receiving end is email with fax attachment).

2 Replies 2

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

In case of Off-ramp, Delivery Status Notification (DSN) is requested by the e-mail client. The off-ramp gateway generates the DSN response when it receives a request as part of the fax-mail message. DSNs is only generated if the mail client on the SMTP server is capable of replying to a DSN request.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t8/feature/guide/plfxrl26.html

Hi I Villegas,

Thanks for the reply. I have read the documentation but it is still not clear to me if the receiving G3-fax device can sent back a status notification to the email client.

In the documantation I only read about the e-mail message, sent by the SMTP server, notifying the sender of the status of the e-mail message (in stead of a message generated by the fax).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: