cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1-CAS, MGCP and failure of 911 test to see ALI

s.clinard
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Everyone - I have a Cisco 2811 gateway configured with MGCP to CUCM 7.0.1.21017-1. The location has a 24-channel Digital Access T1 (ds0-group - T1-CAS).

First, I do believe that I am not able to manipulate Caller-ID on a T1-CAS circuit. I have verifed that the Caller-ID received when placing a call out from the site is their published main number (A DID, not BTN). Now, 911 says that it's an AT&T problem. This makes sense as 911 is seeing that same published main number (which is a DID, and NOT a BTN). A call to AT&T's 911 department lead me to believe that AT&T is sending the BTN to the PSAP(s).

I am obviously confused as 911 says they see a DID, AT&T says they are sending the BTN.

Since I cannot seem to use the 3 methods of Calling Party Transform Masks that I know of (on the phone, on the route pattern, and in route list details), has anyone run in to this before or have any suggestions?

This is a new Cisco VoIP install to the site, but not a new T1-CAS circuit.

Thanks for any help!

Shane

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you cannot do anything about your CLID on a T1 CAS circuit, for the simple reason there is no CLID sent.

As 911 correctly said, that is your SP problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you cannot do anything about your CLID on a T1 CAS circuit, for the simple reason there is no CLID sent.

As 911 correctly said, that is your SP problem.

Thanks for confirming Paolo. I've engaged Telco for problem resolution.

Have a good day :)

Shane