Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TabSync sync with exchange/outlook

Hi,

We got tabsync/address book sync working with outlook/exchange using registry keys in a previous forum post, but when we do the sync it saids it has 420 records it sync'd from outlook to the personal directory but the personal address book only got 24 enrries out of the 400. Re ran it and no entries added to the personal address book.

Is there some log file to look at, or is there some data it needs, or is this just the way it is with syncing from exchange via the registry workaround?

Thanks in advance, Erick

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: TabSync sync with exchange/outlook

Try this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800b2eba.shtml

TABSYNC will only synchronize Outlook when it is in "Internet Only" mode. This means if Outlook connects to an Exchange server it will not synchronize the addresses. Cisco does have another product that will synchronize the PAB if the user is using the Exchange server. That feature is bundled with the PA product and it's Productivity Services. Otherwise, the user will have to export the addresses into the Microsoft Address Book for TABSYNC to synchronize to PAB

Erick,

I had the same problem with Outlook Express but I think I figured out what the problem was. Everytime it hits a duplicate entry the sync just stops. Mine tells me which one is duplicated so I just go to that entry and delete one entry. Hope this helps.

TabSync sync with exchange/outlook

Hello Erick,

could you send me or post this "registry hack" to sync with outlook / exchange? The link seems to be old and its broken.

Thank you,

Marcel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content