Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Endpoint as H.323 Client in CUCM 7.1.5

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi All,

I have several Tandberg 95 Edge MXP endpoints configured as H.323 clients in CUCM 7.1.5b su2. I noticed there is a noticable difference in video quality when dial by 4-digit extension vs direct IP between two endpoints. Below is the call detail status for 4-digit extension dial vs IP direct dial.

- 4-digit dial

Video protocol:     H.264

Audio codec:     G.722

Video format:     CIF

Call connects at 768k

- IP direct dial

Video protocol:     H.264

Audio codec:     Aac-ld

Video format:     w448p

Call connects at 1152k

Both of these endpoints are configured in the same Region in CUCM and I allow up to 1536k per call but for some reason calls can only connect at 768k when dial by 4-digit extension. Has anyone run into this scenario and experience the same issue ? Is there any setting in CUCM that can be tweak for video calls to connect beyon 768k ?

Thanks in advance !!! I appreciate any inputs/suggestions

D.

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Allow more in the Region, like 32000 K

Can you get CUCM SDI|SDL traces for both calls and I can tell you whats going on

Thanks

Hi Gogasca and thanks for responding to my post !!!

You mentioned allow more bandwidth in the Region. I already allowed 1536k but for some reason calls can only connect at 768k when dial by 4-digit extension. Below attached are the SDI and SDL traces, I made two test calls (one dialed by IP address and one dialed by 4-digit extension). Both calls were dialed from this Tandberg endpoint configured as H.323 client with IP address 10.40.8.60 and extension 8498. Please let me know what you find.

Thanks again !!!

D.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: