cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPS and CUCM 6.X

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

When I`ve used TAPS in CCM4.X before you have to use a CRS server on the CCM server however how do you install, use TAPS with 6.x Do you need a UCC server or can TAPS be installed in CUCM 6.X? does it need any more SW other then CUCM? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi IPT,

I always hate being the bearer of bad news, but, you are correct :( TAPS will require a seperate CRS/IPCC server in this case. Of course this used to be able to be a built-in function using a co-resident CCM/CRS build but no longer now that CUCM 6.x and 7.x are using Linux. This box will have to be purchased.

Here is some of the relevant config info.

Starting @ Page 369;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_2_3/bat.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi IPT,

I always hate being the bearer of bad news, but, you are correct :( TAPS will require a seperate CRS/IPCC server in this case. Of course this used to be able to be a built-in function using a co-resident CCM/CRS build but no longer now that CUCM 6.x and 7.x are using Linux. This box will have to be purchased.

Here is some of the relevant config info.

Starting @ Page 369;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_2_3/bat.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Or if you are "creative" you can build UCCX in VMware (or MS Virtual machine). Works good!

thanks for the reponses- thats what I thought regarding a off box UCCX. My concern was that when I asked our SI to confirm that a UCCX 7.x can prvide us with TAPS as well as being a Call Centre for another project I got a look of confusion- either they have never used TAPS via the UCCX or I was talking rubbish but according to your replies I`m not .

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: