Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TAPS Error

I dial the TAPS DN and hit 1 for English, type the DN in twice as stated and get the following error message, "Extension is already in use".

any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: TAPS Error

TAPS doesn't like shared lines, so on the shared line, fill in a unique external phone mask, then type that in when it asks for the extension. (Or maybe it asked for the regular extension first, then the full 10-digit number which is the external phone mask.) I forgot.

This is because TAPS doesn't know what phone you intend to configure. Maybe they could improve it in the future to ask for the last 4 of the MAC address of the phone you are currently at or something.

2 REPLIES
Silver

I`ve come across this and the only solution was to reuse another number- not perfect as we were only using it for a roll out it did not cause problems, Maybe try deleting the number

Silver

TAPS doesn't like shared lines, so on the shared line, fill in a unique external phone mask, then type that in when it asks for the extension. (Or maybe it asked for the regular extension first, then the full 10-digit number which is the external phone mask.) I forgot.

This is because TAPS doesn't know what phone you intend to configure. Maybe they could improve it in the future to ask for the last 4 of the MAC address of the phone you are currently at or something.

Views
Helpful
Replies