Views
Helpful
Replies

Teaming Of NIC ports on CCM 7825-H3 server with CCM 6.2.1

rohan_sahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing an issue.I have to perform teaming of the NIC cards on the servers.I have performed teaming on the Unity server using Window2003 as platform but not on the Call manager.Since it is Linux I dont know how to achieve that.

Please find the detials and let me know if the 2 NIC ports can be teamed or not.

Server - MCS-7825 H3

CCM version - 6.2.1

There is another server with Unity connection of the same model.The CCM and the Unity connection are on separate boxes.

In case if teaming is not possible , please let me know how can we achieve Device level redundancy for the Core switch.

Let me explain the scenario.There are two core switch acting as HSRP.I have to connect one NIC port to one switch and other NIC port to another, so that a faliure in one swicth will not lead to complete jamming of network.

Please let me know a way of acieving this if teaming cannot be done on above mentioned servers.

Thanks And Reagdrs

Rohan Sahi

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rohan,

NIC Teaming for Network Fault Tolerance

Hewlett-Packard (HP) server platforms with dual Ethernet network interface cards (NICs) can support NIC teaming for Network Fault Tolerance with Cisco Unified CM 6.x. This feature allows a server to be connected to the Ethernet via two NICs and, hence, two cables. NIC teaming prevents network downtime by transferring the workload from the failed port to the working port. NIC teaming cannot be used for load balancing or increasing the interface speed

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/callpros.html

set network failover {enable | disable}

Where

•enable enables Network Fault Tolerance.

•disable disables Network Fault Tolerance.

Options

None

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/5_0_4/iptpappa.html#wp1011080

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: