cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telco Messages via PRI (VG) connected to CUCM 9.X via SIP Trunk??

richard.grey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

Questions:

Should I hear tel-co message on an IP Phone if a call that is meant to be long distance is sent to the  gateway without a one (1).  Currently these calls simply ring until disconnect, but work properly if the user dials a 1, the user expects to get a message from the provider and I am wondering if the SIP trunk between GW and CUCM is not allowing it?

Scenario:

IP Phone --> CUCM (SIP Trunk) --> ISR 2901(PRI) --> PSTN

In CUCM we have a local pattern 9.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

If the IP Phone dials a number that is actually a long distance number, which would require a 1, but they dial it as a 10 digit local number, the call gets to the gateway and IP Phone hears ringing but it, rings until it eventually disconnects.  At this point I believe the gateway is sending a cause code back to CUCM and I would expect error message back from the telco informing the caller of the issue, such as "Please dial 1 before a long distance number".  Is there a specific setting on the SIP trunk and or Gateway to achieve this?

See Q931 Debug 

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2 
                Standard = CCITT 
                Transfer Capability = Speech  
                Transfer Mode = Circuit 
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s 
        Channel ID i = 0xA9838F 
                Exclusive, Channel 15 
        Display i = 0xB1, 'London Hydro' 
        Calling Party Number
UCS5-GW-02# i = 0x2181, '5193334444' 
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National 
        Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '5191112222' 
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
*Jul 23 15:33:28.363: ISDN Se0/0/1:23 Q931: RX <- STATUS pd = 8  callref = 0xC3FA 
        Cause i = 0x80AB28 - Access information discarded 
        Call State i = 0x01
*Jul 23 15:33:28.411: ISDN Se0/0/1:23 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0xC3FA 
        Channel ID i = 0xA9838F 
                Exclusive, Channel 15
*Jul 23 15:33:28.415: ISDN Se0/0/1:23 Q931: RX <- PROGRESS pd = 8  callref = 0xC3FA 
        Cause i = 0x80FF - Interworking error; unspecified 
        Progress Ind i = 0x8088 - In-band info or appropriate now available 

Thanks

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, Early media needs to be turned on the SIP Profile that is associated to the SIP trunk. The setting is SIP Rel 1xx options. It needs to be set for Send PRACK for all 1XX messages. If you have CUCM 7.x , this setting is a service parameter.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, Early media needs to be turned on the SIP Profile that is associated to the SIP trunk. The setting is SIP Rel 1xx options. It needs to be set for Send PRACK for all 1XX messages. If you have CUCM 7.x , this setting is a service parameter.

Please rate useful posts.

Right On!  Thank you both

richard.grey
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks George that most definately worked!!!

Hello Richard, my apologies for sending you this reply through this post I wasn't sure how I can write to you only!!!! Anyway, year ago, you were writing a script for holidays check and got it working. Would you mind sharing some info with me? Specifically, I am hard time understanding Input Mappings/Out Mappings when a sub flow is called. Any help would greatly appreciated. Sorry again--

my email-gary.dubey@gmail.com

sorry everyone....I won't do it again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: