Views
Helpful
Replies

Telus PRI Configuration

ryan.pederson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have recently setup our new UC500 system (UC520-24U-8FXO-K9)

We've got the T1 card as well (VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1)

I have received, from our provider, Telus, a T1 partial PRI with 10 channels.

I have plugged this in as instructed, but no matter what I can't seem to get the system to allow incoming calls.

Using CCA, I configured the whole range of DID's assigned to us to a single Auto Attendant.

When dialing out, I get nothing at all from the 7962 at my desk. When dialing in, I get a fast busy tone.

The phones within my office can call each other and can call the Automated Attendant at extension 901.

I'm not looking for anyone to hold my hand here or anything, but I'd like some information to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Ryan

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you issue a sh controllers does they show up??

if so, if you gather a debug voip ccapi inout can you see the calls coming from the PRI to the UC500??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I've attached the 'sh controllers' output, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for...

When I try 'debug voip ccapi inout', I get the reply:

Command was: debug voip ccapi inout--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

voip ccapi inout debugging is on--------------------------------------------------------------------------------command completed.

Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure if configuring a partial PRI with CCA is such a hot idea.

controller t1 0/1/0

clock source line

pri-group time 1-10,23

isdn switch-type <>

dial-peer voice 1 pots

port 0/1/0:23

direct-inward-dial

destination-pattern 9.T (or .T)

network-clock-select 1 t1 0/1/0

Things you'll want to check:

'show controllers t1' - not show controllers

Make sure L1 is up

'show isdn status' - you want to see multiple frame established here

'show dial-peer voice summary' - make sure your dial plan looks as expected, and the dial peers are UP where you expect them to be

Some helpful, simple debugs:

debug isdn q931

debug voip dialpeer

hth,

nick

Ryan,

Given that Telus is a Canadian company, are they giving you a T1 or an E1? Also, I might be off-base here, but have they given you any specifics:

Channel Selection order

ISDN Switch-type

How many digits are they sending to you? Does this coincide with how many digits you expect to receive? (in other words, does it match your dialplan?

When you place a call, how are they expecting you to present that call?

Ronald Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

also, what is the configuration of s0/1/0:23 (the D channel)?

Thanks for the help guys, but I figured it out. Apparently our provider hadn't turned up the PRI yet...

It's all sorted out now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: