cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Test verify cme config with 7960 phone

michael murphy
Level 1
Level 1

Can I setup a lab test / verify with a cme and a 7960 phone using a non-managed switch? What I need to do is verify phone and cme config before going onsite to install. what tests / show commands would be best in what sequence to verify proper config and connectivity? A simple checklist would suffice? thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the configuration has telephony-service and ephone-dn X that means its SCCP. If the configuration has voice service global and voice-dn X that means its SIP. Of couse you could have both SCCP and SIP on a single router as well.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

In theory yes, you will need a power brick if you dont have a PoE switch. You probably will have to set the TFTP server IP address manually. Once the phone registers, you will see the softkey options on the screen. If you have two phones, you should be able to call each other to verify functionality. If you are going to have a CUE module, you could leave voicemails and see if you can retrieve it, listen to it and MWI works.

Hi Michael.
A short test list could be:
Connectivity: try to ping an ip phone and verify resonse time and delay.
Configuration: Make sure your telephony service , ephone-dn and ephones are present and correcly configured
A show ephone registered could help you to verify which phone is registered and which not.

HTH
Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I believe both Carlo and George got me some good tips to use. Since I dont have a second IP phone woudl a call to my phone return a busy signal - would this prove some of the cme config? For the TFTP manual settings- I was hoping to use the cme router as my dhcp server and provide the tftp server address that way- is that possible? what DHCP config stmt would do this? Thanks. 

ip dhcp pool

network

default-router

option 150 ip

You should be able to call the phone itself and see if it rings but wont be able to answer the call. The line should be set up as dual-line to accomplish this.

By looking at the CME config, what stmts woudl indicate if the config is for a SCCP or SIP 79xx phone? thanks

If the configuration has telephony-service and ephone-dn X that means its SCCP. If the configuration has voice service global and voice-dn X that means its SIP. Of couse you could have both SCCP and SIP on a single router as well.