cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

testing SRST dialpeers with sh dialplan

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

Can I test my dialpeer configuration with sh dialplan dialpeer <?> number <to-somewhere> in a SRST simulation?

we have some dialpeers, only be active in SRST Cause. So in call-manager-fallback we configured some incoming corlists.

Can I simulate a SRST cause (without put the physical connection to CUCM off) and put an incoming dialpeer-tag in the show-command above? which dialpeer-tag should I take? The command sh dial-peer voi sum shows many dial-peers with tags, that I've not configured, but they are all down.

2 Replies 2

I beleive the best practice is to test SRST on selected phones by placing a ACL blocking traffic between the selected phone or phones and the CallManager. That will cause the phone to fallback into SRST mode and you can test inbound and outbound calling.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

When IP Phones automatically register in SRST for the first time, a dial-peer for each DN will be automatically created. When the CallManager is down, and the IP Phone is registered to SRST you will notice that the dial-peer is up.

Unfortunately, in order to test Inbound and Outbound dialling using show dialplan number xyz or dialpeer xzy number xyz, then the appropriate dial-peer status has to be up, otherwise the destination-pattern will not be matched.

Also you need to use the end-of-dialling or termination # when using variable length destination-pattern on your dial-peers when using these commands.

As suggested in the previous post, if it is not possible to disconnect the physical connection, then simply apply an ACL on inbound to restrict traffic between the voice-subnet of your remote phone and CallManager. Ensure that you allow or permit everything else, otherwise you may cut yourself off.

This ensures that the IP phones re-register in SRST and also the MGCP gateway will default to the H.323 application.

Then you will be able test inbound calls via the PSTN, and at the very least your dial-peers will be UP so that you can test oubound dial-peer selection using sh dialplan number xyz.

Alternatively, configure another phone local to you with a DN from the remote site, and with the SRST reference of the remote gateway.

Configure an ACL on the switchport in order to stop the phone from registering with CallManager. This should force the phone to register across the WAN to the SRST gateway. This will enable you to test both inbound and outbound calling to and from that DN.

Hope this helps.

Allan