cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP Server Redundancy

mikenipp
Level 1
Level 1

In a two server cluster, I would like to enable the TFTP service on both servers for redundancy. Currently the publisher is the TFTP server. I will hand out both addresses via DHCP to clients.

My question is when I activate the Cisco TFTP service on the other server (in this case the subscriber) will the two servers synchronize their TFTP repositories automatically? Or do you have to synch the files manually? I am currently running CCM 4.1.3 and after I enabled the service on the second server, it appears that the files on each server are not being synchronized.

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Some files are replicated like configuration files.

which files are not syncronized?

You may upload FW loads into each server

Thanks. So firmware loads have to be installed on each server if you install something like a device pack right?

There is just a bunch of junk in the TFTP repository on the Publisher that might not be needed. A lot of it was there when I got here.

yes, the firmware files are not replicated so you need to manually apply them to all the TFTP nodes you will be using, in some cases also the MOH is not replicated and needs to be copied manually to the MOH servers

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi,

what about if we are running v6.x or 7.x

do i need to copy the MOH and TFTP.

or we just configure alternate tftp in the service parameters of teh CUCM

Good day

MOH and TFTP files like background, FW, ringtones, etc needs to be uploaded manually to every server

HTH

java

HTH

java