Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP servers

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have 1 publisher and 2 subscribers, i have enabled option 150 for 3 nos of servers, pub,sub1,sub2, but when phone registers  i only see 2 TFTP in phone  3rd TFTP is not seen ??

subsriber-2 is not live thats the reason it is not seen in the phone????

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I phrased that wrong, regardless of how many TFTPs you might be able to deliver, phones will only take a primary, and alternate TFTP. They will disregard any other TFTPs listed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Hi Clark,

for your first query, if you have Pub and Sub -1 as tftp mentioned in DHCP pool, then, there is no need to change for SUB-2 since phones have SUB-1 as tftp available till the PUB is Online.

for second query, u can go for this option since the servers are part of same CUCM cluster.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DHCP only delivers 2 TFTPs, that's all the redundancy you get.

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

So you mean to say that all DHCP servers (windows, infoblox,etc,etc )  we deliver only 2 no's of TFTP,

thanks

I phrased that wrong, regardless of how many TFTPs you might be able to deliver, phones will only take a primary, and alternate TFTP. They will disregard any other TFTPs listed.

HTH

java

Thanks for the reply and it is nice to have a expert reply.

so what i understand from your reply is that if publisher fails change the TFTP options in DHCP to sub-1 and sub-2 , till the publisher hardware is replaced with the new.

question:

suppose If i have a distributed call processing with sub-2 in DR than the user sitting in DR will have a DR Subscriber as listed in DHCP for 1st TFTP and the alternate TFTP will be HO publisher or subscriber

Please correct

Thanks

Hi Clark,

for your first query, if you have Pub and Sub -1 as tftp mentioned in DHCP pool, then, there is no need to change for SUB-2 since phones have SUB-1 as tftp available till the PUB is Online.

for second query, u can go for this option since the servers are part of same CUCM cluster.

regds,

aman

+5 to Aman and to jaime

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: