Views
Helpful
Replies

The Line/Device CSS Approach

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

Got a problem with some overlapping numbers and tried using the the line device CSS Approach as outlined in the SRND but feel I have an issue based on the CTI port caveat. I.e the CTI port wont follow the Line device CSS approach.

The phone system was built and specific 4 digit numbers say 1560 - 1591 were used for the VM ports. Extension were then configured using 7 digits. But internally we should only need to dial 4 digit (and a translation rule does the rest) so for instance to dial extension 5141560 in the local office you should only dial 1560. This clashes with the VM port. I have removed the VM partition from the Phone Line CSS (it is not in the device CSS) and can get this 4 digit dial to work. As soon as I add the VM partition to the end of the CSS and after the phone and translation partitions in the line CSS it still goes to VM first.

I know this is bad design and I am looking at changing it but basically is this the way it should function the VM port will always get priority hence the reason they should be unique for the whole cluster.

If I need to change I will but just confirming I am not doing something wrong or that it is a bug, I am on version 5.1.3 (and before you scream...upgrade upgrade...we are doing in the new year)

Many thanks and a Merry Chritmas

Paul

4 Replies 4

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Paul, may be best if you simply delete your VM ports and then reconfigure using the VM Wizard, re-number the VM ports and then re-integrate with CCM. Use a number range that doesn't clash with your internal extns.

Thats what I though but just though I would check to see if I was doing anything daft. Thanks for the response

Paul

Hey Paul,

Just thought that I would add that your thinking here is right on track. I totally agree with Darren (Dez :) as well, +5 points DD. You would be well served to just re-do the VM Ports with a completely unique number range. Might as well save yourself the "pain"

Happy Holidays guys!

Rob

PS: Paul, I don't think you've ever done anything daft here :)

Rob,

just wanting to make sure I got it right. Busy few months coming up in the new year.

All the best to you and you family for the cming year

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: