Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

third party sip phone on cisco isr 2921 voice bundle for testing without license

Hi,

I've to install a third party sip phone on a cisco isr 2921 voice bundle, i know I need license but for the moment I don't get it, can anybody tell me if I'm able to install a third party sip phone for testing until I get license.

Best regards,

Ludovic GUYOMARD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

third party sip phone on cisco isr 2921 voice bundle for testing

IOS does not enforce endpoint licenses yet. If the chassis has a Voice license installed you will be able to configure SIP and SCCP phones.

5 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Without the voice license none of the telephony systems will work. You call this a "voice bundle" which would normally imply that the Voice license was included in the chassis SKU during ordering. You may want to run a 'show license' to see if it was factory-installed.

If none of that works you can register for a 60-day demo license here: https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/Licensing/PrivateRegistrationServlet?FormId=317

Community Member

hi,

I've license for CISCO IP PHONE but not for third party sip phone on cisco isr 2921, but I was wondering if until I get license I'm able to install it without specific license.

Best regards,

Ludovic GUYOMARD,

VIP Super Bronze

IOS does not enforce endpoint licenses yet. If the chassis has a Voice license installed you will be able to configure SIP and SCCP phones.

Community Member

Hi,

Even if it's a third party sip phone ?

Best regards,

Ludovic GUYOMARD

VIP Super Bronze

Sure. There isn't really a big difference between configuring a third-party or Cisco SIP phone anyways. Here's a howto for reference though: http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/774-sip-endpoints-in-cisco-communications-manager-call-manager-express-x-lite.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content