cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Third-party SIP phones and UCM 6.1

paa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I try to register SIP phone. I configured UCM End user and other settings like was discribed in a cisco's guide about SIP-phones. But redistration failed. It is not a network communication problem. I find this error in UCM logs "Rejecting foreign host/domain" about my SIP-phone. How can I find out, what does it means? How can I debug SIP-registration on UCM? Is it possible to get standart SIP error codes from UCM?

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello ,

CUCM 6.1.x should support SIP digest

SIP digest authentication is specified in RFC 3261 and RFC 2617. It is based on a client/server

model, in which the server challenges and the client responds, and provides authentication of

SIP messages by a username and a keyed hash.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Yes, UCM works fine with SIP. I find out that my problem is NAT. It's not a problem with SIP digest anymore.

[SIP-phone]---[ISP]---[ASA5510]---[UCM]

I create static NAT on ASA to redirect SIP udp 5060 to UCM. It work fine, BUT: UCM reseve SIP packets with destination address of ASA5510's outside interface inside SIP packet and reject it. ASA doesn't do NAT inside SIP data, It does NAT only for IP packet.

hi,

Can you please show me how to setup SJPhone on HP IPAQ using SIP with CUCM 5.1??

Best regards

Hi,

Can you post the configuration you are using for the ASA?

Regards,

Luis Sandi

.:|:.:|:.

P.S Please mark this question as answered if it has been resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: