Views
Helpful
Replies

third VLAN in CME

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have CME with 500 express switch. I setup two vlan one for voice and the other for data. I need to add second data vlan to the CME which has couple of server and PCs in that vlan. sub-interface for the second data vlan can't accept "native" keyword because first data vlan is already native vlan, and without "native" keyword, the PC connected to switch port belong to that VLAN doesn't have access to sub-interface and therefore no internet connection.

any help as far as native vlan, and how to setup second data vlan with 500 express switch would be very appreciated.

thanks

Alex

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

you need to configure 'router' as smartport role for the port on the switch that connects to the router. Then just configure a new subinterface on the router interface.

Then you can have this vlan to be access on certain ports of the CE500 switch, again just configure the smartports to do so.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: