cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tim telephone tech

Tim Jarrell
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how I can in real time check the channels of a P R I that I have connected to my router? We had a issue the other day when we really needed to check the channels because we were getting failures on incoming calls coming in to our main complex. I have looked in Real Time Monitoring Tool but I could not really find any help there. I have heard that Solar winds might help also. Just can't seem to find what I am looking for. I know in the old days of a Nortel phone system that we just went in to load 90 to stat our PRI'S and we could tell if it was a telco provider's issue or ours on our own network. That way we knew it it was our issue or the local telco provider.

Tim Jarrell I T Tech PWCS
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What issue are you trying to troubshoot? What is the behavior? Are you looking for status of D or B channel?

debug isdn q931 will show you real time signaling on the PRI, "show isdn status" will show you the status of the PRI, and "show isdn service" will show you status of B channels.

Chris 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What issue are you trying to troubshoot? What is the behavior? Are you looking for status of D or B channel?

debug isdn q931 will show you real time signaling on the PRI, "show isdn status" will show you the status of the PRI, and "show isdn service" will show you status of B channels.

Chris 

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

In RTMT you can go to the CallManager Tab, Under Device select Device Search then select Gateway Devices.  A screen will pop allow you to select some search criteria. Right Click on the device and select port/channel status.  However this will only tell show B channels status.   Chris is correct, using the router CLI is the best be for troubleshooting. 

mafaan89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

It sounds like you're having trouble checking the channels of a PRI connected to your router in real-time, and that this is causing issues with incoming calls to your main complex. It's definitely frustrating when things aren't working properly, so I'm glad you're looking for a solution!

One option you might want to explore is using a network monitoring tool like SolarWinds, as you mentioned. This type of software can provide real-time insights into your network's performance, including the channels of your PRI. With the right configuration, you should be able to see if any channels are experiencing issues and quickly identify the root cause of any problems.

If you're unsure how to use SolarWinds or another monitoring tool to check your PRI channels, plenty of tutorials and support resources are available online. Alternatively, you might consider contacting your vendor or service provider for assistance. bgmi

I hope this helps, and good luck with your troubleshooting!