Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Tim telephone tech

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how I can in real time check the channels of a P R I that I have connected to my router? We had a issue the other day when we really needed to check the channels because we were getting failures on incoming calls coming in to our main complex. I have looked in Real Time Monitoring Tool but I could not really find any help there. I have heard that Solar winds might help also. Just can't seem to find what I am looking for. I know in the old days of a Nortel phone system that we just went in to load 90 to stat our PRI'S and we could tell if it was a telco provider's issue or ours on our own network. That way we knew it it was our issue or the local telco provider.

Tim Jarrell I T Tech PWCS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

What issue are you trying to

What issue are you trying to troubshoot? What is the behavior? Are you looking for status of D or B channel?

debug isdn q931 will show you real time signaling on the PRI, "show isdn status" will show you the status of the PRI, and "show isdn service" will show you status of B channels.

Chris 

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

What issue are you trying to

What issue are you trying to troubshoot? What is the behavior? Are you looking for status of D or B channel?

debug isdn q931 will show you real time signaling on the PRI, "show isdn status" will show you the status of the PRI, and "show isdn service" will show you status of B channels.

Chris 

In RTMT you can go to the

In RTMT you can go to the CallManager Tab, Under Device select Device Search then select Gateway Devices.  A screen will pop allow you to select some search criteria. Right Click on the device and select port/channel status.  However this will only tell show B channels status.   Chris is correct, using the router CLI is the best be for troubleshooting. 

Views
Helpful
Replies