Views
Helpful
Replies

Time issue on CUCM 7.0

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

i have cucm 7.0 , i did time + 3 , after one day the time changed automatically to wrong time ,  i did configure  time on OS page also when i choose 2013 instead of 2005 , it is return back to 2005 .

the customer doesnt want to configure NTP to solve this issue so how to solve this without configuring NTP ???

thanks

6 Replies 6

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

Why does the customer not want to run NTP?  NTP is very important for many CUCM processes.

becasue right now the customer doesnt have a any  windows server to run NTP

so the best solution run NTP ?

Hi

NTP can be configured on Cisco router , then Cisco router will be your NTP server and this will be good for your issue. Please find the below information

#ntp source loopback 0

#ntp master 1

Then configure the time on your router based on your timezone.Go to CUCM -operating system-NTP servers-type the Loopback interface.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Dear Islam

thanks for ur reply

i dont have loopback interface , how it will be the configuration exactly ? regarding timezone commands ?

please send to me the exactly configuration i need to put on router ?

thanks 

itis not interface command . it is a global configuration command:

#clock set 20:00:00 aug 26 2010

R1(config)#ntp master 1

Hi

1-The request to configure the loopback , this is because loopback is stable interface and up every time .configuration as below

(conf)#interface loopbac0

(conf)#ip address 10.10.10.5 255.255.255.0

do not do no shut , because as i told you this interfce is up everytime.

for timezone configuration  , i will give you an exampla

(conf)#clock timezone PST -8     (where PST any name for your timezone) & -8 is your timezone offset.

(conf)#clock summertime PST recurring

you can also use the commands which MR/Baskaranm share with you for clock set commands.

Thank you

please rate all useful infomration

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: