Views
Helpful
Replies

Time-of-day forwarding help needed

mschmidt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am fairly new with CUCM and need some advice as to how I can efficiently provide my users with the solution they need.

I have extension 7080.  Depending on the time of day, I need that extension to forward to one of three extensions.

Between 0600 and 0700 I need it to ring to 7046

Between 0700 and 2300 I need it to ring to 7053

Between 2300 and 0600 I need it to ring to 7045

(it will never actually ring to 7080, its always forwarded)

I have followed the time of day routing configuration example from Cisco but when I call 7080 it rings on 7080, and does not forward.

Here's what I did:

First I created Time Periods:

-TP1 06:00 - 07:00

-TP2 07:00 - 23:00

-TP3 23:00 - 24:00

-TP4 00:00-06:00

Then I created Time Schedules:

-TS1 = TP1

-TS2 = TP2

-TS3 = TP3 & TP4

Then I assigned Time Schedules to new partitions:

-PT_01 = TS1

-PT_02 = TS2

-PT_03 = TS3

Then I created a new Calling Search Space:

-MATCSS1 and assigned the 3 partitions froma bove

Then I created 3 new translation patterns:

-7080_1 - I assigned PT_01 to this pattern; CSS=MATCSS1; left Calling Party Transform mask blank; Called Party Transform Mask = 7046

-7080_2 - I assigned PT_02 to this pattern; CSS=MATCSS1; left Calling Party Transform mask blank; Called Party Transform Mask = 7053

-7080_3 - I assigned PT_03 to this pattern; CSS=MATCSS1; left Calling Party Transform mask blank; Called Party Transform Mask = 7045

This is where I am now.  I thought this was all that was needed to properly route it.  I wonder if it has something to do with the called and calling masks on the translation patterns?

When I call 7080 it just rings to 7080, doesn't forward.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks alot!!

EDIT:  I am using:

Cisco Unified CM Administration

System version: 7.1.3.33032-1

20 Replies 20

The translation patterns appear to be as you suggest.

Another thought.  In the time period settings, if I leave the "Repeat Every" section blank, does it mean that the time period is always on?

I believe you need something selected or it is not enabled.

Time Periods

A time period comprises a start time and end time. The available start times and end times comprise 15-minute intervals on a 24-hour clock from 00:00 to 24:00. Additionally, a time period requires definition of a repetition interval. Repetition intervals comprise the days of the week (for example, Monday through Friday) or a day of the calendar year (for example, June 9).

Probably all you were missing.

Ok, I've put in a recurring schedule and still no change.

Do I need to add a CSS in the translation pattern settings page?  The example from cisco shows this as

Yes, you need a CSS. That CSS being the one you are dialing from. You should really never use partitions or search spaces for anything, they cause confusion.

The CSS seemed to fix it.  Thanks so much for all your help!!  Your a true asset to these forums!

Thanks! Glad its working now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: