Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of Day Routing

jaime.garcia
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use TOD for the following:

I need DN 2880 to ring normally between the hours of 8:30am - 5:15pm Monday - Friday.

Between the hours of 5:15pm - 8:30am Monday - Friday & all hours Saturday - Sunday I need DN 2880 to route/forward calls to an external number.

Can somebody please provide me with some info on what would be my best bet on the config?

Currently running on CUCM 6.1.3

Thanks,

Jaime

21 Replies 21

Bill,

All DNs are in the (NONE) Partition.  Half of the IP Phones have the CCS (Chicago International) assigned to them.  Also, 708455 is the prefix to all DIDs.  Is that going to be an issue?  I have been here for about 6 weeks.  A consultant company setup the VoIP a few years back.  Not sure why they configured DNs without Partitions and all DIDs to use 1 TP.

Thanks,

Jaime

Jaime,

Again, you can use DNA to check call flow issues.  You can also run a Route Plan report to check for overlaps.  If your phone DNs are all assigned 4-digits and your translation is handling 10-digits then you want to see if any 4-digit phone line DNs overlap with NPANXX assigned to the 10-digit DIDs.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Bill,

Ok will do.  Thanks for the info.

Jaime

jaime.garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Bill,

Thanks for all the useful knowledge.  Below is what I am trying to accomplish and what I have configured.

I need ext. 2880 to take calls from 8:15am - 5:30pm.  Between the hours of 5:30pm - 8:15am I need the calls entered to 2880 routed to ext. 5880.

I created the following:

3 Time Periods:

Business Hrs TP:             Time Of Day Start: 8:15   Time of Day End: 17:30  Monday - Friday

Non Business Hrs TP1:     Time Of Day Start: 17:30   Time of Day End: 24:00  Monday - Friday

Non Business Hrs TP2:     Time Of Day Start: 00:00  Time of Day End: 8:15  Monday - Friday

2 Time Schedules:

Business_HRS_TS:          Selected Time Periods - Business Hrs TP

Non_Business_hrs_TS:     Selected Time Periods - Non Business Hrs TP1 & Non Business Hrs TP2

2 Partitions:

Business_par:                 Time Schedule (Business_HRS_TS)

Non_Business_par:         Time Schedule (Non_Business_hrs_TS)

1 Calling Search Space:

CCS1:                            Selected Partitions: (Business_par & Non_Business_par)

2 Translation Patterns:

Partition: (Business_par)

Calling Search Space: (CCS1)

Called Party Transform Mask: (2880)

Partition: (Non_Business_par)

Calling Search Space: (CCS1)

Called Party Transform Mask: (5880)

Existing Translation Pattern:

708455.XXXX

Partition: (DID to EXT)

Calling Search Space: (NONE)

Called Party Transform Mask: (XXXX)

Discard Digits: (PreDot)

Please let me know if this is the proper config for what I am trying to do.  The only other thing I have configured is the IP Phone to use Calling Search Space: (CCS1).  The Directory Number is not assigned to any Partition.

Thanks,

Jaime

If you already have a 2880 with no partitions the TP 2880=2880 just loops.

A no partition DN is always at the bottom of the CSS, while you already have 2x2880 that will have a higher preference at all times.

Best match rule, you will always reach a TP but never the 2880 with no partition. The 2880=2880 matches over and over until the hop count drops the call.

The CSS from TP 2880=2880 needs to be blank to reach the original 2880 with no partition.

If 5880 is in no partition you should be able to reach it with no problem, if it's in a partition then fix the CSS from that TP to reach it.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java's catch is an example why I recommend avoiding partitions and CSS configurations.  There are cases where the CSS may be used (such as line level restrictions, i.e. "unrestricted" lines).  But, I have never found a good reason to use for route patterns/translation patterns/directory numbers/etc.  It is just too problematic.

Java, great catch (+5 to you crazy man).

Regards,
Bill

Jaime,

Well, using the CSS and partition is a bad idea in general.  At least, that is my opinion.  Except for some corner cases, I always recommend that a customer uses actual partition and CSS assignments.  It becomes a fundamental necessity for dial plans that start having a need for any degree of complexity or scalability.  So, take that for what its worth.

[EDIT:  Note Java's catch on the loop as an example]

Given the config you have below, I have to assume that your gateways have a CSS assigned that includes the partition "DID to EXT" at a minimum.  So, given that configuration/assumption I would consider the following.

ADD:

1.Partition: "DID to EXT AfterHours"

Schedule: Non_Business_hrs_TS (note: if you prefer, use Non_Business_par)

2. Translation Pattern: 7084552880

Partition: (DID to EXT AfterHours)

Calling  Search Space: (NONE) [note: you could still use none, but see advice above]

Called Party Transform  Mask: (5880)

MODIFY:

Your existing gateway CSS (e.g. Gateway_CSS) to include the following partitions:

Partition Order 1: DID to EXT AfterHours (or use Non_Business_par if you prefer)

Partition Order 2: DID to EXT

REMOVE:

1. Translation: 2880/Business_par

2. Translation: 2880/Non_Business_par

3. Schedule: Business Hrs TP (unnecessary at this point)

Now, without other info on your design the above would apply ToD rules for ingress calls from the PSTN but allow your IP phones to route bypass the ToD rules.  Meaning, an IP phone using CSS1 and calling 2880 will reach 2880 all the time and never be re-routed to 5880.

If you require both PSTN and On-Net people to conform to the ToD routing rules, then do this:

MODIFY:

1. Existing 708455.XXXX translation pattern

Calling Search Space: CSS1

2. Modify CSS1 calling search space to include  the following partitions:

Partition Order 1: Non_Business_par

Partition Order 2: Phone_par (Move all phones to a phone partition to avoid loop/overlap/etc.)

3. Phones

Add all phone DNs to partition: Phone_par

KEEP:

1. Translation: 2880/Non_Business_par

REMOVE:

1.  Translation: 2880/Business_par

2. Schedule: Business Hrs TP (unnecessary at  this point)

Again, the above assumes nothing else is going on in the dial-plan worth mentioning.  I definitely recommend that you move away from using partitions and calling search spaces.  Even if this is in your lab environment, you should apply a dial plan with a little more structure.  It will make your life easier in the long run.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

Message was edited by: William Bell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: