Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Time synchronization of IP Phones, CCM & Unity

How can I get my 7960 phones to change the time on the display? I am using CCM 4.1.3 and Unity 4.1 on Windows 2000 server. I changed the time on the router, but the time on the phones still has not changed.

On my T1 controller interface on the 3845 router I have:

Clock source line primary.

I am not sure what else to look at. I already changed the time on the subscriber, the publisher and the Unity.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JT

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Time synchronization of IP Phones, CCM & Unity

Hi Julio,

The router time does not come into play here. Have a look at this tech note;

How To Configure Time Synchronization for Cisco CallManager and Cisco Unity

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a008009470f.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I ended up changing the time yesterday on the router, subscriber, publisher and Unity and as the day passed, I noticed that around 2 p.m., the time was already the correct time. I am not sure at what exact time it changed, but it eventually changed.

The document was good though and i will keep it for future reference.

thanks again.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Julio,

Good work :) Just for future reference (next time you need to change the phone time) You should just have to change the time on the publisher. Then to "kick start" the phones restart TFTP server and reset the phones.

If you just change the time without the TFTP/Phone reset it takes a while for the time change to propogate out to all the displays.

Take care,

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies