Views
Helpful
Replies

Timer to calls

juan_cye_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

one of my customers asked me that if CUCM has some parameter to configure a timer to calls, it means that any active call  should be dropped after certain minutes, Can i do that?

Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, the "Maximum Call Duration Timer" service parameter can be changed to whatever you want where the max value can be 35791 minutes, the default being 720 minutes.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

This is global and will affect all calls, no way around it on CUCM side. You could perhaps develop TCL script that terminates the call after X minutes on the GW if you are using SIP/H323 GW.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, the "Maximum Call Duration Timer" service parameter can be changed to whatever you want where the max value can be 35791 minutes, the default being 720 minutes.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for your response. This parameter is global, do you know a set by extension?

Thanks in advance.

juan_cye_ccna wrote:

Hi Chris,

thanks for your response. This parameter is global, do you know a set by extension?

Thanks in advance.

As often discussed, there is no per-extension setting.

This is global and will affect all calls, no way around it on CUCM side. You could perhaps develop TCL script that terminates the call after X minutes on the GW if you are using SIP/H323 GW.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Chris,

I appreciate your help. Do you have some link to view an example code?

I do not, Paolo is the TCL expert, perhaps he has some tips :-)

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: