cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Timezone issue when revert a phone from connecting to CCM Ver 8.5 to CCM ver 6.1

anasatfirst
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have call manager version  8.5.1.10000-16 (still in testing phase) and call manager version  6.1.3.1000-16 cluster, one publisher and two subscibers (live CCM). CCM ver8.5 has exactly the same configuration that CCM ver6.1 has.

When I connect a phone already registered in CCM ver.6.1 to CCM ver8.5, everything is fine (time and date are correct as well as I have all my phone logs of missed call and others..etc). The issue is when I connect phone back to CCM ver.6.1 time gets decreased three hours back (seems as timezone issue) , although both CCMs show that they have the same timezone as well as time and dtate settings are identical.

Could you have explaination for this issue and some solution?

Thanks

Anas

anasatfirst@gmail.com

5 Replies 5

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Anyone has some comment?

---

Posted by WebUser Anas KW

Weird, but looks like the config file issue.

Did you try doing a factory reset of phone to see if it works with CUCM 6.x as it used to earlier ?

Pls lemme know how it goes.

GP.

Gajanan,

Thanks for reply. Actually After connecting phone back to CCM V6.1 and time gets decreased three hours back (notice no loss of missed/placed calls logs), I have to do factory reset to correct time settings back. Time is fine after this resetting but surly I am loosing all phone logs of missed / placed / received calls.

Bye

Anas

Anas,

Thanks for the feedback. AFAIK, factory reset is the only way out in this situation with a flip side of loosing call history. This makes sense because we dont change CUCM's every now & then, but whenever we do ( may be during migration ) this would be one time activity for the phones in issue ( I dont think all phones would face this issue ).

GP.

Pls remember to rate all posts if they helped.

I am in testing CCM v8.5 phase and I test two phones moving them from old to new CCM, then connect them to old again. Both phones have same issue in time settings!

I know that factory reset will solve the issue, but definitely I can't do the same for all phone in case of I should go back to CCM 6.1

I am still looking for a solution for this time issue.

Thanks again and regards,

Anas