Helpful
Replies

toggling several times between 2 call before doing a transfer

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Here is the description of the scenario :

A calls B in order to be transferred to C.,so, B calls C. At this moment we have the call A-B on hold and B-C active. B , for some reason, put C on hold and come back to A (to verify some thing). At this point, B decided to make the transfer, by doing a direct transfer for example. However, A see that his phone shows that the call is "fom C" whereas actually he has dialed first.

How could we overcome this little prob.

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Direct Transfer is such a pain to use and to train people on using we don't even cover it in our end-user training and we remove the DirTrfr softkey from the template. The only place it makes any kind of sense is in a receptionist role, and they use the Attendant Console to do the same thing. I would approach it from an end-user training perspective. If B knew that A wanted to talk to C, B should have initiated the call to C as a transfer in the first place. If not, B should tell C that B will the send the call from A immediately, disconnect, then cold-transfer A to C.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Direct Transfer is such a pain to use and to train people on using we don't even cover it in our end-user training and we remove the DirTrfr softkey from the template. The only place it makes any kind of sense is in a receptionist role, and they use the Attendant Console to do the same thing. I would approach it from an end-user training perspective. If B knew that A wanted to talk to C, B should have initiated the call to C as a transfer in the first place. If not, B should tell C that B will the send the call from A immediately, disconnect, then cold-transfer A to C.

Hi Chris,

I like your thinking here! Sometimes the old "KISS" principle really comes into play. +5 points for this excellent advice for Ramzi.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: