Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Too many FXOs

Hello!

I want to setup a Cisco Unified Communications solution for an enterprise with more than a thousand users. The company has 3 sites. I want to use one CUCM cluster for all the three sites and Cisco voice gateways for survivability purposes and PSTN access for each site.

Problem is: one of the sites has 62 FXO lines which they want to use with the new system. I dont know of a Cisco voice gateway that can handle that many FXOs.

Please help me out.

I look forward to your helpfull inforamtion.

4 Replies 4

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There is now a vg112 which caters for 112 fxs ports

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/gatecont/ps2250/ps5516/product_data_sheet09186a00801d87f6.html

HTh

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

I know the 112 FXS exists though I have never worked with it, but in this scenario I'm talking about FXOs. Does the 112fxs support fxo

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should persuade the customer to convert the FXOs to either digital trunks, i.e. PRIs or IP SIP trunks.

Not only will you get a lot more feature out of it, but you will save initial hardware and implementation costs as well as ongoing monthly telco and system support cost.

HTH,

Chris

Kelvin,Chris

Sorry for the dodgy info re FXS , I obviosly did not read this post properly

As Chris (+5 )states you rally need to move to SIP or PRI etc.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: