Views
Helpful
Replies

Too short ring duration

gmichel08
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've got an IP Telephony installation with CCM 6 and a H323 gateway for ISDN calls. The receptionist phone has a DID extension. When someone calls it from the outside after two rings if the receptionist does not take the call, it's automatically disconnected and the person who's calling gets the busy tone. I tried to fix this by adjusting the ring duration of the phone (under line configuration) but I still get the some problem. What could be the solution for that.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

If you want you can increase the FNA Timer Clusterwide. Here's the detail:

CUCM Addminstration page:

System-->Service Parameter-->"Select your Server and the Service from the drop down menu"-->"Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Forward)"--> Forward No Answer;

Default: 12

Minimum: 1

Maximum: 300

Unit: sec

Make sure the value that is specified in this parameter is less than the value that is specified in the T301 Timer parameter. If the value in the Forward No Answer Timer parameter is greater than the value that is specified in the T301 Timer parameter, the call does not get forwarded and the caller receives a busy signal. Note that FNA Timer is in "Sec" and the T301 is in "msec"

MK