Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Track down what ext dialed 911

Hello,

I just had a client that set up a v7 Cisco CallManager system this summer. Someone made some wrongful non-emergency calls (911) and I am trying to track down what extension it came from. CDR was not enabled, nor did they purchase that option. Is there a simple log or report that I can run to retrieve who all dialed 911?

Thank you!

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only other place where this could be is in CCM traces if you have them enabled.

Pull up the traces and search them for 911.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only other place where this could be is in CCM traces if you have them enabled.

Pull up the traces and search them for 911.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok. Thank you for that information.

One last quick question I had about it.. are there extra licensing fees involved to use the CDR's or is it always included? Correct me if i'm wrong but won't CAR let you do what you want? I've never used it so be brutally honest.

Thanks a lot

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK, was curious about you mentioning you didn't purchase the CDR option. Because this is not something you buy. It's included in any CUCM.

We also provide an interface with limited reporting capabilities which is CAR. Also included in any CUCM.

3rd party billing systems can work with the data CUCM has in 2 ways.

a) you configure a billing server which basically is a SFTP repository where the flat files are sent and then processes the files.

b) it uses the CDR data directly from the CUCM DB.

CAR has limited options and reports (and cannot be customized), so it really depends on what you're looking for.

For basic reporting it will do the job.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks a million. Your the best!

The 3rd party company has CDR turned on for us so I just exported the days that I needed and searched for ,911, in the file and found the information I needed to move forward. I would be interested in making some reporting software of my own to read this. I'm sure it's all out there what every value is for.

Thanks again