Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TRAI regulation issue-India

Hi friends,

I have a query hope you could resolve it.

We have 2 offices at mumbai at different location RO and HO

HO has the PRI line and RO has only connectivity over MPLS and normal IP base calling between RO and HO.We would like to route the PSTN calls from HO voice GW both the offices are in same city but at a distance of 10 KM.

My query is can we route RO calls from HO PSTN GW? does it fall under TRAI rule?

Rgds,

Ajith

5 REPLIES
VIP Gold

Hi Ajith,You can do that,

Hi Ajith,

You can do that, there is no violation of trai in this case. You can visit "www.dot.gov.in" for more info.

Suresh

Dear suresh, Thanx for your

Dear suresh,

Thanx for your reply..!!

If that does not fall under any TRAI violation. Is there any chances of future issues  with respect to calling?

As I was suggested from one of my senior mate that it is not the best practise to go ahead with such deployment.

Rgds,

Ajith

VIP Gold

Hi Ajith,I dont think there

Hi Ajith,

I dont think there would be any issue with calling (except emergency calling) if you have good amount of bandwidth over MPLS.

Might be your colleague thinking that voice rtp will flow over mpls in this case and that will consume bandwidth so that you need to consider as per your network setup.

Suresh

VIP Purple

Hi Ajith, What I think you

Hi Ajith,

What I think you should speak to Telco who is terminating E1 PRI line  at one physical site and is being used for other physical site which is across WAN , might be it is 1 or 10 km apart.

The infrastructure deployed by Telco  is for one site and is being used for other site as well which I suppose nobody would allow.

regds,

aman

As long as toll charges and

As long as toll charges and dialing patterns are same , you are not doing any violation.

Thanks

Manish

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content