Views
Helpful
Replies

Transcoders

acerda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a doubt in regards if I have 2 gateways and 1 CUCM clusters, is possible associate both Transcoders Gateways resources to the CUCM cluster in a group, I need to know becuase if any of the GWs failured.

Regards

Andres

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Andres,

Yes, you can have more than one transcoder associated with a given CUCM cluster. These can be added to Media Resourc Groups and the MRGs added to Media Resource Group Lists. The MRGLs are then assigned to device pools or devices. Resources within an MRG are load shared. Resources in diffeerent MRGs inside a single MRGL are used for redundancy.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, configure them both on the same MRG to achieve that

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Andres,

Yes, you can have more than one transcoder associated with a given CUCM cluster. These can be added to Media Resourc Groups and the MRGs added to Media Resource Group Lists. The MRGLs are then assigned to device pools or devices. Resources within an MRG are load shared. Resources in diffeerent MRGs inside a single MRGL are used for redundancy.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: