Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transcoding and IVR

Hi,

SIP provider uses only g711 alaw  codec for SIP trunk which is not compatible with TCL IVR on CME that

requires g711 ulaw. So incoming calls need to be transcoded to g711 ulaw before getting to IVR.

I've configured dspfarm profiles, ccm groups and incoming dial-peer with ivr service applied but system is not working.

What else should I configure for incoming dial-peer to use transcoding? Any links to similar configuration would be appreciated.

CME Version 8.6, c3900e-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2.bin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Transcoding and IVR

i am assuming you have an inbound voip dial-peer for incoming calls from the SIP with hardcoded codec in the dial peer as g711a

you need an incoming dial-peer for the ivr type voip where you enforce the codec as g711u

a dial-peer can be set as inbound with the one of the commands below

incoming called number

and

answer-address

if your ivr internal number is 555

use the command incoming-called number 555

and use the command codec g711 u

this way you will make sure the call leg terminating in this dial peer has to use g711 u

then make sure your dsp config a correct and registered

have a look at the below link it might help as well

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_configuration_example09186a00808ead0f.shtml

hope this help

2 REPLIES

Transcoding and IVR

i am assuming you have an inbound voip dial-peer for incoming calls from the SIP with hardcoded codec in the dial peer as g711a

you need an incoming dial-peer for the ivr type voip where you enforce the codec as g711u

a dial-peer can be set as inbound with the one of the commands below

incoming called number

and

answer-address

if your ivr internal number is 555

use the command incoming-called number 555

and use the command codec g711 u

this way you will make sure the call leg terminating in this dial peer has to use g711 u

then make sure your dsp config a correct and registered

have a look at the below link it might help as well

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_configuration_example09186a00808ead0f.shtml

hope this help

Transcoding and IVR

Thank you, IVR works after changing codec on incoming dial-peer.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content